- tickets for our April 16 event Love and Marriage in Moffat went on sale yesterday.
- the current March 2011 issue of D&G Life magazine features a picture of cover girl model Hazel Ivins-Whately wearing a vintage 1930's wedding dress from Moffat's Lothlorien Emporium with details of our event on page 116
- the organizing committee (or 'gang of three') visited the Moffat House hotel on Thursday Feb 24 for a very delicious cream tea and finalised our choice of sandwiches and cakes for tea on The Day with Julie the pastry chef at the hotel. The things we do for art!
- The last 15 names are sought to complete the founders 'members welcome' box on our website www.moffatbookevents.co.uk
- Alistair Moffat, world authority on Borders history has agreed to be our guest of honour at a literary luncheon at the Moffat House hotel on Sat 15 October to talk about his new book on the genetic makeup of the population of Scotland
- The Lanark Gazette for Feb 24 carried a pic of Moffat Book Events chairwoman Elizabeth Roberts in connection with the distribution of The Spy Who Came in from the Cold on World Book Night (March 5) and her encounters with author John le Carre.
Saturday, 26 February 2011
Moffat Book Events latest
Here is the latest news from Moffat Book Events: